Monday, June 14, 2004

Random thoughts on a Monday morning...



Just when I thought life had settled into a fairly predictable routine, here comes a curve ball! Here at 101qfl, some rather abrupt changes have shaken up my routine. I am now going to be learning to do some radio-type things that I've never done before. Although I'm sad about the departure of a good friend, I'm realizing that being pushed out of my comfort zone a bit may be a good thing for me. Can you teach an old dog new tricks? I guess I'll find out!

The weekend was nice...actually restful for once! I did accomplish a couple of household tasks that I had been putting off...nothing major, but involving a bit of work...and I got to savor the satisfaction of completing such a task. There are more to be done, definitely.

My husband and I watched the Ronald Reagan funeral ceremonies Friday night until the last "amen" was said. We marveled at the timing of the California ceremony...the sun setting beautifully in the west as the last good-byes were said to a beloved president.

As far as the California service went, I was especially impressed with the words spoken by Michael Reagan. It seemed to me that this adopted child of Ronald Reagan had a better handle on his spiritual beliefs, and probably more closely mirrors the political beliefs of his father, than do the children who are his own flesh and blood.

From Michael Reagan's website: "Today as I joined my family at the first of the memorial services, I felt grief at his passing. But, as I stood over the casket this morning I was comforted in knowing that with all of the gifts that my father had given to the nation that the greatest gift he had given to me was knowing that at one o’clock Saturday afternoon when my father closed his eyes for the last time he went to be with his Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. A finer gift cannot be given to a son."

Very moving.

Can you comment? Will you comment?


I've noticed that no one has commented on my blog in quite some time. I don't know if it's that nothing has struck you as comment-worthy, or if my comment feature isn't working correctly.

If you're reading this, will you please comment just so I'll know it's working? (I don't care what you say, as long as it isn't hateful or obscene.) I would appreciate it a lot!

Have a great Monday, everyone! :)

4 comments:

joydriven said...

cindy - i think the commenting problem is blogger's new intimidating way of facilitating comments. it's a lovely ploy for getting themselves business. i'm registered with blogger and it's a painless process, really. and there is an option to continue posting anonymously (just including your signature in your actual comment text). but some users don't know that / miss the old way of how comments were powered.

Kevin said...

It takes a lot to get me to stop lurking and come from the shadows.

I visit almost everyday... and greatly enjoy the breadth and wisdom.

Of course!

Rodney Olsen said...

I'm here every day.

I was going to comment on this one anyway. As a radio person myself, I'm interested to know what new radio type things you're going to be doing.

AdRi said...

hi cindy - sorry about your friend, now more than ever remember to smile, i'm sure it'll make your friend very happy.
you know, an old dog is a wise one. i think you'll do just fine... it's all part of the ride! life is growth - change is optional. ^_^ good luck to you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails