Thursday, July 21, 2011

Thursday 13: Thirteen Things I Like about Texas


via






No, I don't live there, but I would if I could! Here are 13 things I like about Texas...

1) The fact that several of my dearest loved ones live there.

2) The fact that it was the birthplace of my two grandchildren.

3) The fact that Texans are so proud of their state, you can get just about anything, from tortilla chips to lawn ornaments, in the shape of the Lone Star State.

4) Texas accents. They are different from other southern accents...a fact that the producers of the show, "Dallas," never seemed to catch on to. Texas girls do NOT talk like Southern belles.

5) Round Rock Donuts--IMHO, better than Krispy Kremes.

6) Tex-Mex food. Amazing.



7) The fact that criminals should know that Texas is NOT a good place to be convicted of murdering someone.

8) The way that most Texans don't feel the need to be politically correct.

9) Bluebonnets. Breathtaking when they're in full bloom.



10) Dillard's. Another thing we don't have in Illinois.

11) Austin. A very cool city.



12) The fact that I can go there in January and wear summer clothes.

13) Dr. Pepper. Yep, it originated in Waco, Texas. Someday I'm going to make it to that Dr. Pepper Museum!

Go here to participate in Thursday Thirteen!

5 comments:

Mocha with Linda said...

AMEN to all of this! Love RR Donuts, Chuy's, Dr Pepper, Austin. I'm Texas born and bred!

Aaron D. Wolf said...

How is barbecue (brisket, same thing) not on this list?! Get a rope!

Finding Pam said...

Living in Texas is wonderful. I love that it takes a full day to drive from one end to the other end of the state. I love the big wide open spaces, love the mex Tex food, shopping is spectular.

I enjoyed this post.

sherilee said...

I've only been to Texas once, and I enjoyed it. I am currently watching Friday Night Lights from the first season onward, and am in love with the accent. And the people. I have no idea if it's an accurate depiction of Texas...

Happy TT!

Meagan said...

Love Dr. Pepper! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails