Friday, July 15, 2011

The Best Banana Pudding EVER. I mean EVER!


Lovely blogger Casey Weigand is hosting a recipe exchange! And yes, I know I've posted this recipe before, but I just made it for the Swanson 4th of July celebration, and it was as crazy-delicious as ever.

By the way, I did make it the low-sugar way, and it was still a huge hit.

All credit goes to Pam Pike, from whom I got this recipe at Faith Baptist Church in Round Rock, Texas!

Pam Pike's Easy and Delicious Banana Pudding

3 cups cold milk--use skim milk to cut fat and calories

2 boxes banana cream pudding-- or use sugar-free, fat-free banana cream pudding

About 1 and a half boxes of Nilla Vanilla Wafers, depending on how much cookie you like in your pudding--set aside about a half box to crush for top of pudding--I used reduced-fat Nilla wafers

4 good-sized bananas, sliced

2 cartons Cool Whip--I used Sugar Free Cool Whip

Whisk the pudding with the 3 cups milk; set aside. Slice 4 bananas and fold into pudding mixture. Fold in 1 carton Cool Whip and vanilla wafers. Smooth another carton of Cool Whip on top; top with crushed vanilla wafers. Refrigerate overnight to give cookies time to soften.


Click on the button to participate in Casey's recipe exchange!

Photobucket

4 comments:

Createliveblog said...

I love this! It looks delicious - and I really appreciate that you gave info about how to cut fat and calories. It's sooo nice to be able to alter recipes like that!
Also, I'm a huge Cool Whip addict. Isn't it amazing? I put it in coffee, shortcake, pie, on strawberries, etc...you get it :)

P.S. I'd love for you to stop by my blog and add your recipe to my link up here. I'm trying to get a lot of sharing going on over there and these are just too delicious to pass up. I'm also big into healthy cooking so this recipe and its alterations that you suggested are right up my alley!

-Carly
www.createliveblog.com

Christina said...

YUM! I'm for sure going to have to try this!

--thanks for stopping by my blog :)

Beth @ The Goad Abode said...

I've been wanting to make my own...when I was in the South (last week) I had it twice and just LOVED it :)

Coley said...

MMmMmMm! This looks soo good!

Related Posts with Thumbnails