Friday, December 12, 2008
I'm tagged! Seven things about me...
...and a wonderful birthday
Before I get into the meme, I have to mention my birthday, which was Wednesday. The picture is of my daughter Elizabeth and me at Red Robin, where she and my husband took me for lunch that day. (I added the seasonal border on Snapfish, just for fun.) Both of them got me gifts that I had mentioned in passing and was very excited about receiving! My husband was a sweetheart, and made me feel great. It was a happy day.
As I get farther on the down side of fifty, you would think each birthday would be more depressing. However, my wonderful family made it a happy occasion. And I have to admit that it's encouraging to know that I'm probably healthier now than I was in my forties. I'm definitely taking better care of myself. I'm going to continue my personal mission statement of being the very best fifty-something woman I can be!
Thank you SO much to those of you who took time to wish me happy birthday on Facebook. That was so much fun, and so appreciated!
OK, now the meme...
My wonderful blogging friend Ann-Marie has tagged me with a meme in which I have to tell seven things about myself. I must admit I'm going to cheat a little, because I was tagged with a similar meme a few years ago, and some of my answers will be the same.
Here we go:
1. I spent two years in Beirut, Lebanon, when I was a child (my parents were missionaries.) The picture you see is of Beirut, and it is remarkably like my first impression of the city from our ship. As a litte girl I was immediately enchanted by the beauty of the place, which was not yet marred by war.
2. In the fifth grade, while in Lebanon, I got to help interview astronaut John Glenn. (I've blogged about the experience here.)
3. My favorite book of all time, not including the Bible which goes without saying, is Jane Eyre, by Charlotte Bronte.
4. My family tree includes a lot of Scottish and Irish on both sides, but my mother's father was full-blooded Greek.
5. I am a grandmother, and it's one of my favorite roles in life! Little Payton Charles Douglas Swanson will be 2 years old on January 31st.
6. I don't like circuses. I'm not scared of them, I just don't like them.
7. I am a voice-over artist, and my voice can be heard on tutorials for several computer programs and a lot of phone surveys for restaurants and other businesses, among other things.
You're supposed to tag seven people with this and leave comments on their blog letting them know you tagged them...but I'm going to take the lazy way out and just invite everyone who reads to do this. Feel free to do it on your own blog, or in my comments section...I love getting to know my readers!