Monday, September 20, 2004
An update on Nicholas Jonas...
One of the search engine searches that frequently lands people on my website and this blog is "Nicholas Jonas." Apparently there are a lot of you out there who really care about this very talented young man.
Last year around Christmas time, the 11-year-old made a splash with his hopeful song, "Joy to the World/ A Christmas Prayer." I mentioned in my blog at that time that my colleague Charmel Jacobs had interviewed Nicholas on Radio 91. That mention garnered so much interest that I decided to write a little article about Nicholas on my website.
Today I got an e-mail from Bill Werner of Christian Concert Ministries Inc:
"I enjoyed your piece about Nicholas Jonas from last Christmas Season. I wanted to update you on Nicholas. He has signed with SONY RECORDS and already has a single released entitled 'DEAR GOD'. Sony will be releasing his full CD (ALL or ALMOST ALL written by Nicholas and/or his brothers) at the end of November 2004. He will be on the Columbia Records Label as well as INO Record label. Things are moving fast for this nice boy but, one thing isn't changing and that is his love for the Lord."
Nicholas is a remarkable young performer who has appeared on Broadway in Les Miserables, Annie Get Your Gun, Beauty and the Beast, and others. But not only is he talented, it's obvious that this young man has a real heart for others.
He is the founder of the Nicholas Jonas Change for the Children Foundation, a non-profit organization that helps needy, sick and homeless children. With his clear testimony, Nicholas has been able to, in his words, "spread the Word" about Jesus in the New York theater community.
Kudos to Nicholas Jonas for being salt and light in his world.
...and of course, time for Monday Madness! Go ahead, answer these...either in my comments section or in your own blog. It's fun, and don't we all need a little fun on Monday?
1. My _love seat in the TV room_ is the most used piece of furniture in my house. Other than that...or maybe MORE than that, hour-wise...is our beds, probably.
2. The one electronic 'gadget' that I use most often is my _microwave._
3. My favorite appliance, and the one I absolutely cannot live without is the _big giant curling iron__(the better to endeavor to tame my unruly locks with!) Second would probably be my microwave, then my crock-pot.
4. One thing that I thought I just HAD to have at one time, and I now barely ever use, is my _toaster_. I guess I just don't make toast as much as I thought I did. But I'm still glad that I have it, for those occasional times that I do make toast.
5. I find it easiest to keep in touch with family and friends via _telephone_. And now I have a cell phone with unlimited weekends and weekdays after nine pm! Yay!
6. I own more cd's (or other music media) than I do _DVD's _.
7. All my important addresses are stored in/on my _day planner__.
8. If I had to live without TWO keys on my keyboard, I would choose _________. (I dunno!)
9. I probably own about _____ pieces of software that I haven't used in years. (N/A...I don't really own any software of my own.)
10. There are a few food items that I try NEVER to run out of, and those would be _ketchup, Miracle Whip, milk, margarine, sliced cheese and bread.__
Hey, as long as you have those last three items, even if your cupboard is bare, you can always make grilled cheese sandwiches!