Thursday, May 31, 2012

Thursday 13: Great Movie Quotes



A fun one from the archives of Notes in the Key of Life.  What are your favorite movie quotes?


--"What we do in life echoes in eternity." Gladiator, 2000.

-- "You're gonna need a bigger boat." Jaws, 1975.

-- "Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer." The Godfather Part II, 1974.


Al Pacino in The Godfather


-- "Cinderella story. Outta nowhere. A former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters champion. It looks like a mirac ... It's in the hole! It's in the hole! It's in the hole!" Caddyshack, 1980.

--"Carpe diem. Seize the day, boys. Make your lives extraordinary." Dead Poets Society, 1989.

--"Every man dies, not every man really lives." Braveheart, 1995.

--"Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."  The Princess Bride, 1987

--"I'm your huckleberry." Tombstone, 1993.

Kurt Russell and Val Kilmer in Tombstone


--"Round up the usual suspects."--and--

-- "Louis, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship."  Casablanca, 1942




--"Life goes by pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."  Ferris Bueller's Day Off, 1986

-- "I believe God made me for a purpose, but he also made me fast. And when I run I feel His pleasure." Chariots of Fire, 1981

--"Although my memory's fading, I remember two things very clearly. I'm a great sinner and Christ is a great Savior."  Amazing Grace, 2006

What are your favorites?


Participate in the Thursday 13

2 comments:

Barbara H. said...

I love the last two especially.

Corey P. said...

Haha! Excellent choices. My favorite is the line from Tombstone. That scene is so epic it's not even funny. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails