Friday, May 04, 2012

So is anyone else obsessed with Instagram?

Well, I finally got a smart phone.  It's not an iPhone, but it is at least capable of being connected to the Internet, and more importantly...Instagram!

I do radio commercials for a beautiful shop called Crimson Ridge, and they gave me a bunch of tulips today!

Here's what Instagram is all about (from their website):

It’s a fastbeautiful and fun way to share your photos with friends and family.
Snap a picture, choose a filter to transform its look and feel, then post to Instagram. Share to Facebook, Twitter, and Tumblr too – it's as easy as pie. It's photo sharing, reinvented.
Oh yeah, did we mention it’s free?

I've been going a little nutso experimenting with Instagram.  But here's an apology upfront: I'm sorry a lot of these pictures are of me.  I'm really not that vain.  It's just that I've pretty much been all alone for most of this week and I'm, like, the only subject around.

I do plan to remedy that, and take cool pictures that other people might actually enjoy seeing.

So here we go:


Here's one I snapped of hubby so his picture would show up when he calls me.


Here's one I snapped of me, so my picture will show up when I call him.



Sorry if this one's kinda lame.  I had literally just installed Instagram, and was looking around for anything to take a picture of.  This happens to be a bookcase in my home.


This is what my hair looks like basically in its natural state, albeit helped along with some product.  If you'd like to know what I do when I wear my hair curly (which is about 25 to 30 per cent of the time), and what products I use, go here.


Here's another idea.  I don't have a scanner, but I decided to take a picture of a picture that's never been put  on line.  These are my boys, Jonathan and Justin, at the ages of about 5 and 2.  (They are now 32 and 29.  WHERE did that time go?!?)


Another pic with the flowers--this one taken with a cool, glowy, filtered light effect.  By the way, women of a certain age like myself?  Instagram effects can be quite kind to us.

Now I'm even more excited about Instagram, because I found out how to put my Instagram photos directly into an album on Facebook.  It's called instafb.  Cool!

OK, now some questions for YOU:

Do you have Instagram?
Do you use it a lot?
Anything you particularly like about it?
Any suggestions or tips for me?

PLEASE let me know in my comments section!

6 comments:

K-Koira said...

I have to say I not only don't have Instagram, I don't even have a smart phone. My phone makes calls and does texts, and that is about it. But Instagram does seem pretty cool!

Megan said...

Yes I'm obsessed with Instagram too!! I love the Earlybird filter, the one that makes the images look old-fashioned. My username is @storybookloveaffair in case you want to look me up and follow and I will follow you back of course :)

Lovely pics!

Megan @ Storybook Love Affair

Lisa Graham said...

I might quit painting if I had Instagram...it's probably a good thing I don't have the capability to use it.

Your blog is fun...you have so much variety here!

Cindy Swanson said...

Megan, I'll definitely look you up!

Lisa, thanks for the kind comments. Yes, I've heard real photographers aren't crazy about Instagram, because it can create the kind of effects that it used to take a special camera or filter to create!

Kim said...

I love instagram!! Such a fun new little app! And the idea of taking picture of old pictures is a great way to get them on your computer without scanning!

Debbi@SheAccessorizesWell said...

I so wish I had lovely curly hair like you have.
I just love tulips and your's look lovely.
I don't do instagram, I still have a unsmart phone.

Related Posts with Thumbnails