1)The reason grandchildren and grandparents get along so well is that they have a common enemy. ~Sam Levenson
2)Grandmas are moms with lots of frosting. ~Author Unknown
3) What a bargain grandchildren are! I give them my loose change, and they give me a million dollars' worth of pleasure. ~Gene Perret
4) Grandmothers are just "antique" little girls. ~Author Unknown
5) Perfect love sometimes does not come until the first grandchild. ~Welsh Proverb
6) A child needs a grandparent, anybody's grandparent, to grow a little more securely into an unfamiliar world. ~Charles and Ann Morse
7) What children need most are the essentials that grandparents provide in abundance. They give unconditional love, kindness, patience, humor, comfort, lessons in life. And, most importantly, cookies. ~Rudolph Giuliani
8) A house needs a grandma in it. ~Louisa May Alcott
9) Our grandchildren accept us for ourselves, without rebuke or effort to change us, as no one in our entire lives has ever done, not our parents, siblings, spouses, friends - and hardly ever our own grown children. ~Ruth Goode
10)A grandmother is a babysitter who watches the kids instead of the television. ~Author Unknown
11) When a child is born, so are grandmothers. ~Judith Levy
12) A grandchild will add a new dimension of love to your life. ~my mom, Cynthia Garrett
13) And a note from me: I found out yesterday that my first grandchild, to be born in February, IS A BOY!!!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants