Tuesday, September 05, 2006

My world is a flood...



well, not really, but close!

My city of Rockford was hit with torrential rains yesterday! It's being called the worst flooding in Rockford in 30 years. The Rockford Register Star has some amazing pictures of people being rescued from their homes and cars. Some 45 people had to be evacuated to an emergency shelter--miniscule compared to hurricane-prone areas, but major news for our midwestern town.

We didn't experience any flooding personally. Of course we were aware of the heavy rains--we were at a Swanson family Labor Day gathering, and the rain drove us indoors--but we were oblivious to just how bad it was until after the fact. There was even a tornado warning for Rockford that lasted all of half an hour.

Anyway, kudos to the everyday heroes who helped those in need.

And now for a quiz!


Via A Chelsea Morning, with a hat tip to Life is Made Of... Feel free to play here or on your own blog!

1. If you make sweet tea, or your favorite style, do you use Luzianne, Lipton or _______ whatever your brand is)? Well, I didn't use to have a preference, but based on what Barb said ("It never gets cloudy"), I may be switching to Luzianne!

2. What brand of toilet paper do you buy, and is it the larger rolls or regular? (What is it about toilet paper?) I've always used Scott Tissue because it's so economical, but now I'm favoring their softer version


3. Which brand of bath soap do you use? Is it body wash or bar style??--I love Oil of Olay, Dove and Caress (will get whatever's on sale), but I also sometimes get a great big thing of Dove Nutrium body wash. Love that stuff!

4. Which cereal do you buy for yourself? Usually Grape Nuts, Grape Nuts flakes or Multi-Bran Chex. However, I often get Kashi GoLean Crunch, and I just bought the Honey Almond with Flax version. It's so good for you! It even has Omega 3 in it. And it tastes good too.


5. What brand of dishwasher detergent do you use and is it liquid or tablets? I'm so glad to even be able to answer this question, because I didn't have a dishwasher for the first 26 or so years of my married life! I use liquid--whatever's on sale.


6. What is your favorite fruit to eat? I guess I'd have to say bananas--I have a banana every day. But I love all fruit.

7. Which brand of clothes detergent do you use? Gain, with a touch of softness

8. Do you like chocolate? Uh, DUH! :) I wish I didn't.

9. Are you right-handed or left-handed? Right

10. Do you still write checks or use a debit card? It depends...usually debit

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails