Monday, August 22, 2005

I'm in love with Taylor, the Latte Boy

It all started when my co-host Darren Marlar played Kristin Chenoweth's "Taylor, the Latte Boy" here on 101QFL.

Now, hardly a day goes by that we don't get at least one request for this charming little song. If you love coffee, and especially if you love Starbucks, it's just a natural fit.

Kristin Chenoweth is an actress (apparently she's a regular on West Wing and has also been on Broadway), who happens to be a Christian (read about her Christian CD, "As I Am," here.) "Taylor" is actually just a humorous postscript to the songs on that album, but as Christianity Today comments, "Only in the extremely cute closing track 'Taylor, the Latte Boy' does she display the most range, delightfully putting her gifts as a comedic Broadway actress to use."

Honestly, I have a hard time getting this song out of my head, and every time I meet a boy named Taylor, it pops up unbidden.

Imagine Darren's and my delight when we found out a local videographer, Chris Johnson, has put together a video for the song. (She actually did so as an anniversary gift to her Starbucks-crazy pastor and his wife.)


This video perfectly captures the wistfully comical appeal of the song. Kandice Campbell does a beautiful job as "Kristin"--she's absolutely adorable--and her brother Kasey Campbell as her accompanist and Nick Sanderson as Taylor himself are terrific.

Do go check out this charming video. You may fall in love with the song and probably with Kandice Campbell as well!

The inventor of the synthesizer is dead...


According to AP, Robert Moog died yesterday at the age of 71:
"Robert Moog's (mohgz) invention turned electric currents
into sound and opened the musical wave that became electronica. "

I happen to be sort of a fan of the synthesizer. Two of my favorite songs that contain synthesizer solos: "Eagle Song," by the Imperials (actually, that's one of my favorite Imperials songs ever), and "Spin Your Light," by the Second Chapter of Acts. (Unfortunately, neither of the snippets of the songs I've linked contain the synthesizer interludes.)

Had the most amazing meal Friday night...

As I blogged about earlier, Friday was my 27th wedding anniversary. My husband surprised me with reservations at Maggiano's Little Italy in Schaumburg. He had been there before, but I hadn't. Delectable, delicious and awesome don't begin to describe this place. By the way, we had so much left over that we feasted on it again for lunch at home the next day, along with Justin and Elizabeth!

I don't often indulge in restaurant desserts, but may I say, the tiramisu was exquisite. They have locations in 20 states, so give it a try sometime.

Our dining experience was just one component of a very memorable anniversary; many thanks to everyone who gave us anniversary greetings.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails