Monday, May 02, 2005

I've been tagged

...and, Chicago was wonderful!


Chicago skyline

Rodney of The Journey has tagged me to complete three of the following sentences, then pass them on to five more people. (Here's the way it works, according to Rodney:)

"It's part of a new meme that is travelling through the blogosphere. The idea is if you're tagged, you need to choose 5 (or more if you like) occupations from the list below and then finish the sentence for each that you've chosen.

"You then tag three more people who must do the same. You can add more occupations to the list when you pass it on but you must choose your 5 from the list provided by the person who tagged you. You're also asked to trackback to the blogger who tagged you if you know how."

Here's the list (the ones in boldface at the bottom are the ones I've added):

If I could be a scientist…
If I could be a farmer…
If I could be a musician…
If I could be a doctor…
If I could be a painter…
If I could be a gardener…
If I could be a missionary…
If I could be a chef…
If I could be an architect…
If I could be a linguist…
If I could be a psychologist…
If I could be a librarian…
If I could be an athlete…
If I could be a lawyer…
If I could be an innkeeper…
If I could be a professor…
If I could be a writer…
If I could be a llama-rider…
If I could be a bonnie pirate…
If I could be a service member…
If I could be a photographer…
If I could be a philanthropist…
If I could be a rap artist…
If I could be a child actor…
If I could be a secret agent…
If I could be a comedian/comedienne…
If I could be a priest...
If I could be a radio announcer...
If I could be a phlebotomist...
If I could be Paris Hilton's stylist...
If I could be a movie producer...
If I could be the CEO of Microsoft...


If I could be an athlete...maybe I would exercise more and be in better shape than I am now!

If I could be a rap artist…...I would use my platform to spread beautiful and uplifting messages instead of ugly and hate-filled ones.

If I could be a librarian…...that probably wouldn't be the best thing, because I'd be wanting to spend all my time reading the books instead of doing the work.

If I could be a scientist…...I would do everything in my power to find a cure for Alzheimer's.

If I could be a linguist…...I would probably really enjoy my work, because I love words and am fascinated with their meanings and origins.

I'm tagging Robin,
Beth, and Ashley.

*******

I LOVE CHICAGO!!!


Honestly, I fall a little more in love with that city each time I visit it!

On Friday, my mom and sisters (my mom and sister Lisa were visiting me from Texas; my sister Bev was visiting form Wyoming) and my daughter Elizabeth and I took the el train into Chicago.

We got situated in our beautiful room at the Renaissance Hotel, then were off for some shopping on the Magnificent Mile. What a blast!

We then had some fantastic Italian food at a place called Tucci Benucch, in the Bloomingdale's building on Michigan Avenue. Liz and I split tiramisu; it was delectable.

The next morning, we had breafkast at Ada's on South Wabash, then strolled State Street for some more last-minute shopping before heading back on the el. Liz and I got off at the Cumberland Park 'n Ride where we had left our car; Mom and my sisters took the el all the way back to O'Hare.

It was the perfect finale to a wonderful week with my dear ones. The only way it could have been more perfect would be if it had been about 10 degrees warmer.

What an awesome time. I can't wait to go back!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails