Monday, December 05, 2005

You have GOT to see this...



A man in Mason, Ohio got incredibly creative with his Christmas lights, choreographing them to music in an amazing display. Go to my colleague Darren Marlar's website and click on the link there.

And in case you're cynical (like me), Snopes.com confirms the veracity of the story here:

"This display was the work of Carson Williams of Mason, Ohio, who spent about three hours sequencing the 88 Light-O-Rama channels that control the 16,000 Christmas lights in his 2004 holiday lighting spectacular. The musical accompaniment is broadcast over a low-power radio station so that it is only audible to visitors tuned in to the correct frquency and doesn't disturb the neighbors."

The music Williams used is the Trans Siberian Orchestra's "Wizards in Winter." Which reminds me...although I'm not crazy about all of the Trans Siberian Orchestra's stuff, I really do like "Christmas Eve in Sarajevo" and "A Mad Russian's Christmas"--they're so wildly, in-your-face joyful!



I've loved your comments so far about your favorite Christmas music. Some of your favorites prompted a "how could I have forgotten!?" reaction for me...like Steven Curtis Chapman's "The Music of Christmas." Steven has a new Christmas CD out this year, "All I Really Want for Christmas." Don't miss the track in which one of Steven's adopted daughers, Shaohanna, recites the Christmas story. Adorable.

And it only seems appropriate at this time for me to post my pic with Steven, taken a few years ago at the Gospel Music Association Convention. As I've said many times, Steven is the real deal when it comes to Christian musicians who authentically live out their faith. I've been delighted to be able to interview him a couple of times.



Please keep the Christmas music suggestions and favorites coming...I'm lovin' it!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails