Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Getting in touch with my inner watercolorist with Waterlogue

A picture I took of Fourth Presbyterian Church in downtown Chicago, transformed by Waterlogue

I love watercolor paintings. So when I discovered this handy phone app, Waterlogue, it was a match made in heaven.  

The app transforms simple photos into lovely watercolor paintings.  

I have found that it works best with scenery, and not necessarily people.  It especially doesn't know what to do with lipstick on people, and it comes across as a blob of color on a person's face.

But it's so much fun!  Here are a few more of my creations.




This was my late mother's house.  She passed away in November, and the house has already been sold, but it was the scene of many happy memories.  I think I'd even like to find a way to print and frame this one.



This was a picture of me and my newborn grandson Landon, back in October 2013


This is a picture I took of a pretty house in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin, last summer


A floral arrangement in a Longaberger basket on my kitchen table a while back

More about Waterlogue here

2 comments:

Amy at Ms. Toody Goo Shoes said...

I think I'm going to have to break down and buy this app! I love the photos of the houses that you posted.

Deborah Raney said...

I DID break down and buy it! Wow! I am SO impressed. I saw your pics and thought, there's no way I could get pics to look like that. Cindy must be really artistic among her other talents. And you ARE, but this app makes EVERYONE an artist. I'm having a blast with it. And my husband, who IS an artist, says stuff like this will put him out of business. ;) Thanks for sharing!

Related Posts with Thumbnails