Wednesday, December 05, 2012

Favorite Christmas Music, Part Deux!



The other day, I asked my Facebook friends to tell me about their favorite Christmas music so I could share the replies on my blog. The response was so terrific, I've had to divide the results into two posts.

Do read through these responses and see if there's any music you'd like to check out. I know I will!

Becky Boys Pulham Carpenters Christmas portrait. Takes me back....WAY back.

John Wolf Jim Brickman and Amy Grant Christmas cd's are favorites around our house



Ashley Leporati Todd I have many..., but mostly I'm enjoying Acoustic December by a local guy (Chris Howell, on iTunes) who graduated from Dallas Theological Seminary several years ago. I'm really into acoustic/instrumental this year. I find it very soothing.I also like Josh Groban's "Noel". He is so gifted!




Ju Lee I like the Kenny G classics Christmas CD. Its just so relaxing and beautiful. I also really like the Casting Crown Christmas CD

Gina Mandala Tenazas Charlie Brown Christmas It brings back so many happy memories.

Jennifer Meier Go Fish Christmas with a capital C. I just really love it.

Paul Olmstead Kenny G: Miracles - The Holiday Album. Just love the selections he placed on this album. Soothing, easy listening.

Amy Sue Burnett Favorite secular album is The Carpenters Christmas Album... especially "Merry Christmas Darling"

Darren Marlar One of my personal favorites is an old one from Christian music... Russ Taff, "A Christmas Song" (which is a strange title for an album, as it sounds like you only get one song on the CD). It's almost twenty years old (yikes!), but I love the jazz combo feel to it, like you're listening to a guy in a nightclub crooning to some Christmas classics.


Source: google.com via Cindy on Pinterest


Rebekah Bartholomee Gooch I love listening to Mannheim Steamroller and more recently, Nathan Burgraff who has a beautiful piano solos

Suellen Salmon Anderson Anything by Jim Brickman...but my favorite Christmas album is Jim's "The Gift". Nothing lovelier than piano music by this man.

Chyleen Robison Phillips I just downloaded the Christmas music from the Peanuts Christmas TV show. Love it! Most of it is instrumental/piano.
Kerry McKnight One of my favorites is Dean Martin. And Sing We Now Of Christmas by The Christmas Revels.

Bob Rub III YoYo Ma's "Songs of Joy and Peace." As a musician, I am amazed at Yo Yo Ma's diversity of styles. I especially love "The Wexford Carol" with Allison Krauss singing.

Tina Hopson Josh Groban, Celtic Woman, Kenny G, I have several piano only sacred Christmas CDs (love love love) Bing Crosby, Mannheim Steamroller. I love Christmas music. My iPod has 240 Christmas songs!

Vicki Walton A very special favorite is Glen Campbell's from the latter 60's. My Momma played it always; today I play the CD and remember my Dad in his chair as he whistled to "There's No Place Like Home." I drive by the home place each year and play that song.


Scot Bertram Marah - "A Christmas Kind of Town" - We listen to it every year on the drive to/from Chicago for Christmas Eve or Christmas Day.

Kimberly Jean Richards Mlejnek later recommended Francesca Batistelli's Christmas CD, especially the song, "Christmas Is."




Thanks so much to everyone who participated in my informal survey!
If you missed it, feel free to leave your recommendations in my comments section!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

posted singers songs are funky, good to dance to and I believe can be a lot of fun for people.I like it a lot ... happy X-mas everyone.
Christmas Music Online

Related Posts with Thumbnails