Friday, June 13, 2008

Happy Father's Day

I've been twice blessed when it comes to dads.

My own father, who passed away in 2004, was a wonderful, loving dad who loved God and did his best to pass that legacy on to his children--and the father of my children is all of that as well.

I am so thankful for these two men.

Doug, happy Father's Day. You're the best!

And happy Father's Day to all of you men out there who love your children and who are an active, guiding part of their lives.



My dad holding me, circa 1956


I never could stand to get sun in my eyes! I love this picture--not sure how old I am there.


One of my favorite pictures of Doug with Jonathan and Justin, before Elizabeth came along. They look like they're having such fun!


Doug with Liz on his birthday in December. She is a daddy's girl!



A Father's Day thought to leave you with:

4 years: My Daddy can do anything!
7 years: My Dad knows a lot…a whole lot.
8 years: My father does not know quite everything.
12 years: Oh well, naturally Father does not know that either.
14 years: Oh, Father? He is hopelessly old-fashioned.
21 years: Oh, that man-he is out of date!
25 years: He knows a little bit about it, but not much.
30 years: I must find out what Dad thinks about it.
35 years: Before we decide, we will get Dad's idea first.
50 years: What would Dad have thought about that?
60 years: My Dad knew literally everything!
65 years: I wish I could talk it over with Dad once more.

4 comments:

Juliet said...

Cindy I did not realize that your father was in heaven.

It's so true how we have all thought about our parents...and to come full circle realizing they had learned from life, just as we do.

Happy Father's Day Doug!

Saija said...

a day of reflection for those of us whose dads are gone ...

loved the old pics you shared ... *smile* ...

blessings on ya!

Ann-Marie said...

Thanks for the great photos, Cindy! Your husband IS such a great dad...I remember Candice sharing some of Jon's funny jokes and saying, "I heard that one from my dad." at the end. It's obvious how much he adores his kids (and you, too, of course). Belated Happy Father's Day to you!

You, Liz, and I are all very blessed to be "Daddy's girls!"

daisy said...

Reading about the legacy your dad left you about his faith makes me wish my dad were still here. He wasn't a big talker, but I'd have a lot more questions for him. Anytime I asked him questions, he would answer me in the most thought-provoking ways, and yet I had no doubt about his faith in God. Boy I miss him. Thank you for the interesting post. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails