Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Lord of the Princess Bride?


If you're a Lord of the Rings fan AND a Princess Bride fan (which happens to be one of my favorite movies of all time)...then double your pleasure, and your laughter, with "Is This a Kissing Book?"

Hat tip to Blest With Sons.

Thanks to all who commented...

...on my post about reading to your children. I'm encouraged that there are still many who make that a regular part of their children's lives.

One thing my post failed to address is using bedtime stories to reinforce biblical truths to your children. There's a lot of great literature out there aimed at doing just that, in a way that's appealing and enjoyable for your child. In fact, let me know if you can recommend any and I'll pass them along.

Check out The Crusty Curmudgeon's post on the subject. Among other things, he speculates about why many classic books, like Anne of Green Gables and Little Women, are not on the lists.

"Little Women" was THE book that really introduced me to the joys of reading. I latched on to fiction at around age 8, and have never looked back!

Six months after Katrina...

...rebuilding efforts continue for Lakeshore Baptist Church, and weariness threatens to take its toll. "At times we feel the strong temptation to buckle under the overwhelming burden," writes Pastor Don Elbourne. But he's thankful for teams from around the country that have come to help in the ongoing efforts. Read more here.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails