Monday, February 09, 2004

I do the Monday Madness quiz



I can't believe it's Monday already! Where did it go?

It was actually a pretty nice weekend. On Friday night, Elizabeth and I were alone, so we headed to Blockbuster to try to find a DVD to watch. NOTHING we wanted to see was "in." We walked out a bit dejectedly, when I said, "I know! Let's go to Barnes and Noble!" Liz was enthusiastic about that idea, so we spent a nice evening reading magazines and looking at books while she sipped a frappucino and I sipped a latte from the Starbucks there. Yes, Starbucks is ridiculously overpriced, but it's fun to indulge every once in a while.

Doug was gone again on Saturday evening, so after being a good girl and cleaning house and doing laundry all day, Elizabeth and I went out with my friend Teri and her daughter Ashley. We headed to the mall first, then to the Olive Garden for dinner. It was FUN. Just, you know, quality "chick time." Liz and Ashley have known each other all their lives, and they had fun reminiscing about silly and funny things they've done since they were little girls. Also, they got their picture taken at one of those mall kiosks, so we have a permanent reminder of a lovely evening.

And now to Monday Madness:

1. On Sunday afternoon, I like to just...take a nap. It's such a tradition of many years' standing, that around 1 PM on Sunday afternoon, I automatically start to nod off.

2. I'm behind someone at a traffic light, the light turns green and they just sit there, I...say something like "Come on, get moving!" knowing full well that they can't hear me, or just touch the horn very lightly!

3. My immediate reaction to someone making a nasty remark to me is...a strong feeling of hurt.

4. If I had to live in a state/country where it was cold most of the year, I would...go crazy or move. It's cold TOO MUCH of the year here as it is.

5. When the weather outside is hot and humid, I prefer to...be in a pool.

6. My favorite 'comfy' clothes to wear around the house is...sweats.

7. If given a deadline at work/school to finish a project, I usually...procrastinate until I have to do it under pressure.

8. If someone gave me a pet for my birthday, I would...politely refuse it...we already have a pet.

9. As far as watching the clock on weekends, I...don't usually.

10. I usually wash my car about every...OUCH! not often enough! :) In fact, it could use a good wash right now.


And now a word from Grits...

Imagine, a rap/hiphop artist that doesn't rely on obscenity, misogyny and vulgarity to bust a rhyme, but still manages to be revelant and cool. Can such a thing be? Well, Grits is proving that not only can it be done, but it can be done with excellence and originality.



Here's a sample:

"Blood curdling truth
Working the word in as proof
Besides mine the guidlines of righteous paths taken
Tremendous speaking, fresh out the kitchen
And never switching from the homegrown
Hole it down like the ozone
This is for the playa playa
Make ya holla holla
The kid with no morals
Sell his mama for a dollar
They all fall down
They all fall down
They all fall down
They all fall
I've compiled this alongside with bone
So you can file this under for the opposing a nihilist
Doubt what you know nothing about reactionary
Belief in the scripture's fulfillment are contrary
To popular belief
Hellbound in a basket
Sucking on their teeth
Wound up in a casket
At close, you froze
Already chose the doors you go trough
The life you chose to lead
Determines the place you go to"


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails