Friday, February 27, 2004

I answer Rick's Friday Five...



There's no "official" Friday Five today, so kudos to Rick for coming up with his own! I hereby answer them:


1. What is the top news story this week?--The opening of, and reaction to, "The Passion of the Christ"; and the ongoing flap over gay marriage

2. What are you looking forward to this weekend?--Sleeping in on Saturday!!!!

3. Do you watch the Oscars? Why or why not?--Yes, at least in part. Partly out of curiosity and partly because I want to see what the "beautiful people" are wearing (is that shallow, or what!?!)

4. What are you looking forward to as Spring approaches?--Walking on the beautiful Sinnissippi Bike Path...visiting family in the Austin, Texas area...wearing my jean jacket instead of my coat...watching my lovely Forest City bud and bloom...and, three words: DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME!!!!!

5. Is there anything at all to watch on daytime television?!?--Not a whole heckuva lot, if you don't have cable and don't care for soap operas! I watch daytime TV only when I'm home sick from work. I actually kind of enjoy "The View" and "Oprah."

The "Nine Layers" Quiz

OK, this quiz appears to have been created mainly for teeny-boppers (do people still use that word?) But I have some time on my hands, and I do like quizzes, so I'll bite. Here goes:
Nine Layers
LAYER ONE
• Name: Cindy (short for Cynthia)
• Birthdate: December 10
• Birthplace: Missouri
• Current Location: Illinois
• Eye Color: green
• Hair Color: usually dark brown, but I'm experimenting with highlights right now
• Righty or Lefty: righty
• Sun Sign: Sagittarius
• Innie or Outtie: innie
LAYER TWO
• Your heritage: Irish, Scottish, Greek, Spanish, French
• The shoes you wore today: chunky black heels
• Your hair: naturally curly to an annoying degree; have to use a heavy-duty big-barrelled curling iron to bring order out of chaos
• Your eyes: green--I like them ok, but they need a certain amount of make-up to "bring them out"
• Your weakness: chocolate
• Your fears: bad things happening to anyone in my family; roller coasters
• Your perfect pizza: Giuseppe's thick crust with ground hamburger and lots of tomato sauce
• One thing you'd like to achieve: learn to speak Spanish or French fluently


LAYER THREE
• Your most overused phrase on IM: I don't IM anymore...but it was probably the smiley-face
• Your first waking thoughts: "No! it can't be!"
• The first feature you notice in the opposite sex: face
• Your best physical feature: my eyes, I guess
• Your bedtime: usually 10ish, should be 9ish
• Your greatest fear: that something awful will happen to one of my kids
• Your greatest accomplishment: Honestly, I don't think of anything as being "my" accomplishment...God gets the credit and glory for anything good that I've done
• Your most missed memory: being with my mom and sisters while growing up


LAYER FOUR
• Pepsi or Coke: Coke
• McDonald's or Burger King: Neither...BEEFaROO! :D
• Single or group dates: N/A
• Adidas or Nike: neither...just bought a pair of Reebok's 'cuz I'm going to start walking again. My favorite pair of walking shoes ever were Reeboks
• Lipton Ice Tea or Nestea: Lipton
• Chocolate or vanilla: chocolate
• Cappuccino or coffee: both...but the coffee would be flavored, preferably with CoffeeMate's "Cinnamon Vanilla Creme"
LAYER FIVE
• Smoke: Never
• Cuss: I refuse to answer that on the grounds...seriously, I don't do it as a general rule, and never take God's name in vain
• Sing: 24/7! (almost)
• Take a shower everyday: No...usually a bath, though, sometimes morning AND night. Take showers more in the spring and summer
• Have a crush(es): Well...can you say "Russell Crowe"? :)

• Who are they: See above
• Do you think you've been in love: yes
• Want to go to college: Went to Bible college...would like to get a "real" degree someday, but I honestly don't know if that will ever happen
• Like high school: Yeah, I really did.
• Want to get married: I've been married since August 19, 1978
• Believe in yourself: I have a hard time doing so, but I'm doing better at it.
• Type with your fingers on the right keys: Yes
• Think you're attractive: To some people I am
• Think you're a health freak: No
• Get along with your parents: Beautifully
• Play an instrument: No, but I wish I did
LAYER SIX: In the past month, did you...
• Drink alcohol: No
• Smoke: No
• Do a drug: No
• Make Out: You betcha
• Go on a date: Yes, I go on regular dates with my hubby
• Eat an entire box of Oreos: No, thank goodness...it would have added an instant five pounds, prob'ly
• Eat sushi: no
• Been on stage: No...unless you count special music at church
• Been dumped: no
• Gone skating: no
• Made homemade cookies: No
• Been in love: yep
• Gone skinny dipping: No...hard to find places to swim in Illinois in winter....and I wouldn't skinny dip anyway, too prudish :)
• Dyed your hair: No...but I did in January!
• Stolen anything: no


LAYER SEVEN: Have you ever...
• Played a game that required removal of clothing: no
• If so, was it mixed company: n/a
• Been trashed or extremely intoxicated: Never
• Been caught "doing something": "Doing something"? I've been caught doing things I shouldn't, yes
• Been called a tease: Not that I know of
• Gotten beaten up: no
• Shoplifted: no
• If so, did you get caught: n/a
• Changed who you were to fit in: no, i don't think so


LAYER EIGHT
• Age you hope to be married: I'm already married
• Numbers and Names of Children: Jonathan, Justin and Elizabeth
• Describe your Dream Wedding: My own wedding was small but pretty
• How do you want to die: I haven't really thought about it...as painlessly as possible, I suppose
• Where you want to go to college: Cedarville University in Cedarville, Ohio (if I was doing it all over again)
• What do you want to be when you grow up: a writer
• What country would you most like to visit: Ireland, with Scotland and England right behind
LAYER NINE
• Number of guys I have kissed: Would probably just need one hand to count those
• Number of boyfriends you've had: Same as above
• Number of drugs taken illegally: None
• Number of people I could trust with my life: Wow...good question...
• Number of CDs that I own: Around 100, 150?
• Number of piercings: two in each ear
• Number of tattoos: none
• Number of times my name has appeared in the newspaper: I dunno...a few?
• Number of scars on my body: one major one
• Number of things in my past that I regret: At least one major one. Regrets of mine usually involve hurting someone I love :(



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails