I've been tardy in responding to these tags, so here I go! (By the way, no time to tag anyone else with these, so feel free to do them on your own blog or in my comments section.) Barbara of Tidbits and Treasures tagged me with the "Eight Random Facts" meme. Here are the guidelines:
Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
Write a post about your own 8 random things.
Post these rules.
At the end of your blog, tag 8 people and post their names.Don't forget to leave them a comment and tell them they're tagged.
Here are my random facts:
1. I got to ask astronaut John Glenn a question during a student news conference when I was in the fifth grade! I think that kick-started my career as a reporter.
2. I’m a fairly expert calligrapher,
3. I do a mean Dolly Parton impression.
4. My favorite TV shows are "Lost" and "American Idol."
5. The scariest thing I've ever done was running from the U.S Capitol grounds during what everyone thought was a terrorist attack, but was actually just a plane accidentally venturing into DC airspace! I thought I was going to die!
6. I was a missionary's kid...I lived in Beirut, Lebanon from March of 1965 to June of 1967.
7. If I was not a radio personality, I would do voice-over work full-time
and/or be a published writer of fiction.
8. My favorite cologne is Coco Mademoiselle by Chanel.
Victoria Gaines of the lovely Light for the Writer's Soul" tags me with this "Writer's Strengths" meme.
I feel somewhat inadequate to answer this meme, since I am not a published writer...unless you count this blog and some articles and reviews I've done for Infuze Magazine online.
But I am a professional writer, since I write much of my own news copy and feature stories for the radio. So here are the guidelines for the meme:
Make a list of five strengths that you possess as a writer/artist. It’s not really bragging, it’s an honest assessment. Please resist the urge to enumerate your weaknesses, or even mention them in contrast to each strong point you list. Tag four other writers or artists whom you’d like to see share their strengths.
1) Writing comes very naturally to me...it's really as easy as speaking or even breathing for me.
2) I have a fairly extensive vocabulary, and I'm a good speller.
3) I have a real love for writing...it's something I truly enjoy.
4) I'm fairly good at condensing a news story down to its most essential facts.
5) I believe I have an instinctive sense for what interests people--what they want to read about or hear about (on the radio.)
Well, that's it. I'm off for an appearance at the holiday open house of The Scroll Bookstore here in Rockford. It should be fun!
A blessed and lovely weekend to all...